Curtis Sittenfeld is the bestselling author of five novels: Prep, The Man of My Dreams, American Wife, Sisterland, and Eligible. Her first story collection, You Think It, I’ll Say It, was published in 2018 and picked for Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club. Her books have been selected by The New York Times, Time, Entertainment Weekly, and People for their “Ten Best Books of the Year” lists, optioned for television and film, and translated into thirty languages. Her short stories have appeared in The New Yorker, The Washington Post, and Esquire, and her non-fiction has appeared in The New York Times, Time, Vanity Fair, The Atlantic, Slate, and on “This American Life.” A graduate of Stanford University and the Iowa Writers’ Workshop, Curtis has interviewed Michelle Obama for Time; appeared as a guest on NPR’s “Fresh Air,” CBS’s “Early Show,” and PBS’s Newshour; and twice been a strangely easy “Jeopardy!” answer (see below).
Profiles of Curtis
More on Curtis
- The start (and conclusion) of Curtis's modeling career
- A Q+A with Curtis at Random House,
conducted by Elizabeth Kiefer
- Some of Curtis’s favorite books
- Some of Curtis’s favorite children’s books
- Curtis’s writing schedule
- Even more of Curtis’s favorite books
- There can never be too many of Curtis's favorite books, right?
- The mysteries of publishing
- The peak of Curtis’s career - “Jeopardy!” 11/16/09
- Lightning strikes twice! - “Jeopardy!” 9/30/16